Saturday, December 20, 2008

Kick ass!!! Bah...humbug

Not a day goes by that I don't think about Law School and the people in it. Being "senti", nostalgic, call it what you will, but I do have certain fond memories of that place, and quite a few unpleasant ones as well. One thing that struck me as odd about the place was the way the people used words and phrases like "kick ass" or "sexy" in an absolutely indiscriminate manner. They didn't give a damn what the person was doing. If they thought that the act was performed even in a remotely satisfactory manner, they'd blurt out the classic, "Kick ass dude!", or if you did it particularly well, "Kick f**king ass dude!". Now its fine if they said this if I had scored a ridiculously difficult basket or something.

But, and I'm not making this up, you don't say it to someone who's checking his mail! Now, I was sitting in the library checking my mail, and this senior walks past me. He asks, "What you upto dude?". And I go, "Nothing much man, just checking my mail." To this, and I kid you not, he says, "Kick f**king ass dude!!", and flashes me a thumbs up sign. I WAS CHECKING MY FUCKING MAIL!!!! WHAT?!? WERE YOU PARTICULARLY IMPRESSED BY THE WAY I RAN MY FINGER ACROSS THE TOUCH-PAD IN A SMOOTH AND AFFIRMATIVE MANNER?!? OR MAYBE IT WAS THE FACT THAT I HAD A G-MAIL ACCOUNT?!? What else could have elicited such a response from said person?

I think they should have a cap of three "kick asses" a week. That should put a stop to this foolishness.

1 Comments:

Blogger X said...

Haha, kickass!!!

December 29, 2008 at 4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home