Saturday, December 20, 2008

Football

I love football.
I love the aesthetics of football.
I love the athleticism of football.
I love the movement of the players.
I love the antics of the coaches.
I love the dynamism of the fans.
I love their passion for their badge and the colour of their team and their country.
I love the noise, and the buzz and the electricity of the stadium.
I love their songs.
I love the way the ball moves.
I love the ebbs and flows, and the way the fortunes of a team rise and fall through a game and through a season.
I love football for bringing people together, across religious divides, geographic divides and political divides.
I love the fact that for 90 minutes in a rectangular patch of grass, people can forget, hopefully, whatever might be going on in their lives and rejoice in this communal celebration of humanity.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ben Ning said...

nice nice

December 21, 2008 at 5:00 AM  
Blogger X said...

Good stuff

December 29, 2008 at 4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home