Sunday, February 8, 2009

Rock n Rolla

Finally saw Rocknrolla a few days ago. And what can I say, it was a classic Guy Ritchie flick. More London mobsters, incompetent thugs and from the looks of it, the two equally "un-killable" successors of Boris the Blade. Good entertainment all round.

Now, I don't like it when people say its too much like "Snatch" and "Lock, Stock...". To me, its like criticizing someone for looking too much like Jessica Alba. Everyone knows what they're getting into when they sit down to watch a Guy Ritchie movie and its ridiculous when they bitch and moan when the flick delivers exactly what they thought it would.

I mean honestly, how can you say you don't enjoy lines like these: "If you hold back anything, I'll kill ya. If you bend the truth or I think your bending the truth, I'll kill ya. If you forget anything I'll kill ya. In fact, you're gonna have to work very hard to stay alive, Nick. Now do you understand everything I've said? Because if you don't, I'll kill ya."

3 Comments:

Blogger X said...

lol, that's one of the kvltest lines ever

February 10, 2009 at 8:08 PM  
Blogger woenvu said...

but that line is from lock, stock, isn't it? problem is that post-snatch, the gangster flicks of his just feel like retreads.

February 15, 2009 at 12:02 AM  
Blogger Epic_Lad said...

Yep. That is from Lock, Stock. Just used it as an example of the kind of dialogues present in his movies.

And I agree, they do feel like Snatch v2.0, but its still good entertainment.

February 15, 2009 at 11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home