Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'm cold, tired and hungry. Not the vacation I thought this trip would be. Still, things could be worse. I COULD be covering stupid indi-rap concerts.

Man, Rajasthan is a f**king trippy place. And the villagers here lead a damn difficult life, especially the women. Trekking miles and miles just to get drinking water is something I could never ever do. And the child marriage ceremony was just bizarre. All in all, a rewarding experience so far. Maybe it had to do with the lack of creature comforts.

PS: Drinking liquid opium flowing from another man's hand isn't all that bad.

9 Comments:

Blogger SWR said...

you living out a buncha folks' dreams man...take it all in :)

January 21, 2009 at 7:27 PM  
Blogger Agent Zero said...

Heh nice. Have you had camel's milk yet?

January 22, 2009 at 1:05 AM  
Blogger Ben Ning said...

back huh?

January 22, 2009 at 7:26 PM  
Blogger X said...

The post script makes me jealous...faaak!

January 22, 2009 at 7:53 PM  
Blogger Jade said...

O_o

Liquid Opium?

January 24, 2009 at 4:41 PM  
Blogger Epic_Lad said...

@swathy

Yeah, I know. I'm enjoying it.

@agent000

Surprisingly, no.

@Ning

Nah, not yet.

@Aldemen & Jade

Villagers thought I was a Korean or a Jap, so they kindly offered their favourite welcoming drink.

February 6, 2009 at 3:28 PM  
Blogger X said...

Dayum, I gotta go there

February 10, 2009 at 8:01 PM  
Blogger Jade said...

@Aldemen,

Did you just say "Dayum"?

*looks at other 'commentors' helplessly*

February 16, 2009 at 12:07 AM  
Blogger Epic_Lad said...

@Jade

Hehe, did not notice that.

Looks like our man's been watching "Pimp my ride" way too often.

February 16, 2009 at 4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home