Friday, January 2, 2009

Telly tubbies

I've given up on television. After careful consideration, I've come to the conclusion that it's a source of inane drivel spouted by self-declared prophets of the new age. The blasted thing had me trapped in its treacherous tentacles during my youth, and I, like a fool, was completely oblivious to it. No more.

But maybe, just maybe, television was something more interesting than what its mutated into today. Back in those days, music channels played music, and movie channels played movies. They all did what they were created to do and they did it well. Look at the tube now, its ridiculous. Music channels screen "reality shows", movie channels screen "reality shows", leisure channels screen "reality shows" etc etc. I honestly don't understand why anyone would pay good money to watch complete strangers live their lives. How boring does your own life have to be really?

And then there's the mother of all that is banal, soap operas. I'm always overcome with unbelievable rage and irritation when one of these is screened in close proximity.

The only worthwhile things to watch would be nature documentaries and sports. And I'm not a big fan of the former so its just sports for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger SWR said...

i've been spouting hicks all over the place...television...black spray paint...third eyes :)

January 3, 2009 at 8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home