Friday, September 19, 2008

Stranded


This was a picture I had modified today in Land Law class. I did a Google image search for "Bihar Floods" and this was one of the pictures that was displayed. Attempting to make it seem "stylish" was not something I wanted to do with this. Simple black and white mode with high contrast, added an overlay layer and then use a soft light brush and went to town on the sucker. The resulting picture looked nice...very simple and it put the limelight on the people and the situation, not the photo manipulation. Most of the time I try so hard to make my pictures look impressive that I completely lose track of what I'm doing and miss out on some simple techniques which would have a far greater effect.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ben Ning said...

there's a flood in bihar?

September 22, 2008 at 7:54 AM  
Blogger Epic_Lad said...

Yeah, its in a really really bad condition. And Assam too.

September 22, 2008 at 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home