Saturday, April 5, 2008

Power + Easy Availability of Minions = Very Very Bad

Well, this happened just a few minutes ago. Some senior was in charge of delivering a few costumes to a place in Ulsoor, and she delegated Guhan to do the job. Now, she told him that he could take anyone he wanted for this trip and both would receive attendance make-up for it. He asked me if i was willing, and since i had no classes at the time, i agreed. While picking up the costumes from her, i was unable to recall her name. Big deal right? Not to her. This is what she said, "Don't take him with you. I'm not giving him any attendance make-up." I didn't have the heart to tell her that i didn't even need it in the first place, and that i was doing it just to help out.

Point is, why is that holding even the slightest amount of power do this to certain people? I mean, is it cool to throw your weight around just because you're one notch higher than someone else on the totem pole? The thing is that i could have mouthed her off because i really had nothing to gain from doing her this service, but i didn't. Maybe next time i will...

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Total bitch I must say.Take the attendance make up sheet and shove it up her arse!

[Oh,when I was in first year,I mistook this 3rd year chick for someone else and she gave me the dirtiest look ever.How do they expect us to know every friggin person in this college!]

April 6, 2008 at 1:36 AM  
Blogger Epic_Lad said...

heh...drastic option which i would reserve only for certain folks.

April 7, 2008 at 1:24 AM  
Blogger Daniella said...

In your last para..
I think when a certain individual attains some sort of power, it makes them feel good. (in a good way) like they can do whatever they want. like they have the confidence, and especially for people like me. (a weakling... i know how it is to have NO power and I can tell I'd enjoy it if I do.) and plus not everybody throws around their weight. maybe she had a reason, though i wouldn't really know why.

Ah well.
People man.

April 7, 2008 at 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home